At Totally Tan, our product styles vary to offer our clients a wide variety of tanning lotions and prices. Sometimes, even the most experienced tanners feel confusion by all the product brands, ingredients, and blends. When at the salon, our tanning consultants will be more than happy to asset you in your lotion choice, tell you which lotions are customer and employee favorites, and lead you to a lotion that will work best for you and your skin type.
- Accelerators - Primarily, Tan Accelerators help you build your initial base tan. They deliver essential moisture and nutrients to your skin that can help jumpstart the tanning process. These products are made specifically for tanners who are just getting started with developing their initial color.
- Intensifiers - These special lotions, sometimes called "Tanning Plateau" Intensifiers, are for regular tanners who have reached a plateau with their current color. They may have developed base tans, but can't seem to get the deep, dark color they're really after. "Tanning Plateau" Intensifiers can kick your suntan into overdrive, taking your skin from having a nice bit of color to a deep, dark tan
- Bronzers - These lotions are a very popular selection for our clients who want a deep, dark tan. The bronzer makes the skin almost instantly appear darker, which adds to the existing tan many of them already have. There are several bronzer formulations to natural bronzers, DHA bronzers, and many others that we offer at various pricing that cater to almost any budget.
- Tingles - Classified as tingle because of the tingling sensation your skin gets after you apply the lotion for your tanning visit. It is more intense than any other tanning lotion we carry in our salons. The lotion brings the blood to the skin surface and oxygen begins to affect the skin’s melanin. Since it is tingling your skin, the more area that it tingles, the darker you will become. This is not recommended if you have sensitive skin.
- Blush - These tanning lotions are popular for clients who desire an instant flush without the warming tingle that you’d feel with a tingle lotion. Blush lotions give your skin a tone and glow that develops quickly and tends to last until you take a shower. Then the blush effect washes off while your skin is still glowing from the tan you developed during your visit.
You may have read this a few other places on this site, but we can't stress it enough. Sun tanning can dry your skin. This is why it is extremely important to replenish that moisture with sun tanning lotions both before and after tanning. Let us help you find all the products you'll need to stay moisturized while extending the life of your tan.
The skin on your face is the most sensitive skin on your body and the area most clients want to prevent fine lines and wrinkles. It is important to treat it as such! Be sure to wash make-up off before your tanning visit, and use a facial lotion each and every day. We have several to choose from.